I would like to tell you a story about a terrible travel experience. The main character of this story is a boy named Bryant Rogers. Bryant just wanted to come to Vail, Colorado to visit his girlfriend that he hadn’t seen in a month (thats me). So he bought a one way ticket to Vail and was supposed to fly into Denver at about 11 PM on Sunday night. On Saturday, his wallet was misplaced while he was lifeguarding at a wedding. (who swims at weddings anyways?) He doesn’t have a passport, so by losing his wallet, he lost his only form of ID. So he called the airport and they told him there was absolutely no way he could get on the plane without a form of ID. Luckliy, after a very stressful 24 hours, his wallet was found at the wedding venue. Someone had moved it, along with all of his clothes. So he went to get the wallet on Sunday morning. That evening, when he got to the Charlotte airport, he found out his flight had been delayed. Therefore, he would miss his connection flight in Minneapolis. So he had to find a new flight. He found a flight that left a few hours later, however, when he got on that plane, they were delayed for 2 more hours due to technical issues with the plane. Delta Airlines assured all the passengers that they would have hotel vouchers when they got to Minneapolis to repay them for their troubles.

So the plane lands in minneapolis around midnight, and (shocking), there are no hotel vouchers for any of the passengers. Needless to say, there are about 40 very angry people. So Bryant gets the joy of sleeping alone on the airport floor in Minneapolis. The next morning, there were some more weather delays, so instead of arriving in Denver at about 11PM Sunday night, he arrived at about 10 AM Monday morning. After not sleeping for 30 hours, Gordon Brown picked him up in Denver and they drove to Vail. It was great to see them both and it just absolutely made my month. I could not get off of work on Tuesday, so while I worked Bryant and Gordo decided to climb a 14,000 ft. mountain called Mount Elbert. This could have been a good idea, but it was not a good idea because that meant that Bryant was going from an altitude of 1,000 ft. to an altitude of over 14,000 feet in less than 48 hours. So when I got back from work I had two boys who were sick as dogs from altitude sickness. I don’t think Gordon left the couch for over 8 hours or so. Bryant took me on a date, but we went to a mexican place where the food was expensive and gross. Then he laid on the couch being miserable for the rest of the time he was here. So all in all, the trip was pretty much one disaster after another, except not really because I was happy to see my man!

Then End.


Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s